Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Life is an Experiment

In the last few days, I've been doing lot of reading around how to blog effectively and have come across lot of interesting articles. Umm..., wouldn't it have been little better if I was doing more writing than reading? Anyways, I've read articles about blogging, making blogging a habit, how to attract visitors on your blog etc but I don't know how I landed on this J.D. Meier's article about Life. But, I'm thankful I did.

I had heard lot of interesting sayings like that "Life is a journey", "Life is a circle" etc. but never that "Life is an Experiment". What a profound statement! It truly defines us and accurately depicts the frailty of human nature. It lets us take our mistakes and shortcomings in our stride, allows us to be fallible and fills hope that someday we would be much closer to the person we want to be.

2 comments:

Rajeev said...

Sir
Would you like to document this experiment.

Rajeev

Tarun Kohli said...

Rajeev,
I know you were being facetious when you wrote that comment but think about the request for a second.

Can we ever honestly publish this experiment? Would the world absolve us of our mistakes if we were to be open about them? Would it let us be fallible? Probably not. But, we can definitely internalize the failures and learn from them. That was the whole point of that post.

"Life is an Experiment" approach allows one to treat ones' mistakes as a chance to grow. On a side note, would you be willing to become an open book, ahem..I meant experiment? :)