Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Alien Abductions

I've not been able to read/write anything lately. I wish I could simply put it on some sort of alien abduction or a self-discovery Himalayan trip. Well, not that I don't need a long self-discovery Himalayan trip but that's a matter of another blog entry. Anyways, the fact of the matter is that I've hit some sort of reader/writer block. Hey, is it me or it sounds uncannily like a ReaderWriterLock?

Note to Self: To do something about my sense of humor as it is getting restricted to technology.

My reading list is growing bigger by every passing week but I just can't seem to muster any strength to read. Trust me, I do have enough interesting books to read but they are just gathering dust on my bookshelf.

Note to all the readers from Rest of the World: When I say dust, I really mean it and I'm not using it as a figure of speech. One of the benefits of living in New Delhi is that one not only gets to live in a true cosmopolitan city but also gets to experience living in a desert like Sahara. Yes, it is that dusty!

The same thing applies to writing. I get restricted by my own thought process every time I begin to write anything about software, technology or life in general. Could it be that I'm completely burnt out by working hard over the last few years and I really need that Himalayan trip.

Burnt Out, Working Hard. C'mon whom are you kidding? Why don't you come out of the land of the exaggerations, Now!

On a serious note, I just think it would be futile to write as some other person would have already expressed something similar thus what is the use of me expressing it again i.e. why to get into something called Blog Echo? But, I think I have to get over that notion as I would giving *that* thought a new life by expressing it in my own words. There is a chance that expression of my thought process might be able to showcase a new perspective to someone even though they might have heard the same thing before.

I heard a wise saying about always making one's goals public. It doesn't mean that one might not fail but it reduces the probability of failure. So here it is, I plan to read and write more.

Here it is to the possible winds of change! Let's see what happens.

No comments: